Sunday, October 26, 2008

What's going on?

Hi all! Last weekend we finally celebrated my mom's wedding. It took place at the Manor East in Massapequa. Although it was a good time, I am happy it is over because it took up a lot of my time, being the maid of honor and all. I can not believe how fast this semester is going. I am almost completly finished writing up my thesis paper. For all of you who also have to create a thesis, don't worry, it sounds worse than it is! My advice is to really study something that you are extremely interested in. This makes life a lot easier! The first half of the thesis is the "most difficult." They say this only because of the research that is required. It really is not bad as long as you pace yourself and keep everything organized. I color coded everything which made it easier for me to differientiate the journal articles and all. The following semester gets more exciting because your actually implementing your study with your students. It is so interesting to observe their reactions and notice how they progress through the study. Don't worry, see the entire thesis as a work of art, because believe me when your done with it, your going to want to frame it! See you all in class:)

1.over- something that is completed
2. believe- a thought that someone has
3. thesis- a study that requires research and hands on expereinces
4. difficult- something that is hard to do
5. research- findings of others results
6. frame- something that protects and creates a nice display

1. After the long semester was _________ or completed, I decided to take a vacation.
2. The scientist said, "I _________ these are the results to the test."
3. I will complete my ________, or my study very soon!
4. A student was not answering the teachers questions. He was being very __________.
5. The scientist did ___________ to see if she can clone a cow.
6. The artist put is painting in a _________ so it would not get destroyed.

Different types of punctuation gives the reader a clue how to read the sentence. A period illustrates a complete thought, an exclamation mark shows exitment, and a question mark illustrates a question. Choose three sentences from the paragraph above and rewrite the sentences using a different type of punctuation.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Hi. I'm a fellow blogger from your Edu class with Professor Nenchin. My mom get re-married when I was 15, nearly 12 years ago. I remember how great it was. The wedding of the decade. She married a great man, a full-blooded Italian and a family I've grown very close to. I can't tell you how crazy the wedding was and how many people I met that day. I'm glad the day for your mom went so nicely.